Saturday, June 5, 2010

Redirected, Redefined, Released

Lately, I have been redirected. The direction I was heading has been changed by multiple areas in my life. I have walked away from a staff position in a church, started a business and closed the same business. I started to feel old and stuffy. I looked around me and found myself trapped. I felt like a chained animal. For some reason, that I can only explain as God, I started to come across things that were redefining what I believed and in turn, redirecting my course. I looked at things like church, which used to be so absolute, and saw that it could be different. Not that the way it was being done was wrong but that it wasn't wrong being done differently. Whatever it may matter to anyone else, this new way of looking at my relationship with Jesus released me. It released me into a new life. I have many times mentioned to my wife that I feel like a eagle that has spread it wings. Its hard to explain. I am ok with the unknown. I am ok with experimenting and finding out how the Lord wants me to BE THE CHURCH!

Change is hard. It not only effects you but those around you. There are many people who would like to condemn you and tell you that you are wrong. They would like you to know that you are not doing it the right way. In truth, they are scared. They are scared because things are changing. You have put them in a situation where they have to change and it is much easier to change when you want to then when your forced to, which makes it much harder for those individuals effected by your change then you the changer.

To those I have forced to change. I just want you to know that I have never felt better and hope you could join me someday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment