Tuesday, July 12, 2011

because I am not enough

I read somewhere that today will bring trials
That I would face temptation
I heard that I would find troubles
come face to face with tribulation
I saw that I would need patience
and the strength that God gives
because mine was not enough

I read somewhere that today will bring joy
That at some moment I would smile
I heard laughter would fill MY heart
and stay for awhile
I saw that I could hope, that I could dream,
that I could love
because He is enough

I read somewhere that I have the victory
That it is I who will win
I heard the trumpet sound the entrance
and my march was to begin
I saw all those that shared my trials
and gave me strength to overcome
because mine was not enough

I read somewhere that I will rest
my breathing will become light
I heard that I will be avenged
and all will be made right
I saw the seat that brings judgement
but also righteousness flowed from its throne
because mine was not enough

2 comments:

  1. Um, YES! I love this poem so much! I love you so much! I am so blessed to have you and Jesus! You are thee best! I love you! I love you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete