Saturday, May 7, 2011

....anxiety....

The scriptures tell us not to be anxious about anything.....

I know we know what that means. Why is it so hard to apply?

I am in a situation in my life right now where I don't know where I am going to live in the near future. What I am going to do. I have been feeling very anxious about this. However, this morning, I was thinking about how at any time in my life, no matter what is happening, I still don't know where I am going to live, work or do. There has never been a moment in my life where I knew the future. Each moment is as unstable as the next.

Naturally, with that kind of revelation, it should highten my anxiety, but it soothes me. It soothes me because I can see the hand of God in every situation.

Have we fooled ourselves to think that if we have a full time job, house, and a nice car that we have rid ourselves of anxiety. That we have rid ourselves of problems. Ironically, I feel better in my spiritual walk now then I did when I had these things. There is something to say about losing everything, about losing the unhealthy attachment to things.

........but in everything in prayers and petitions let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I love this line, "There is something to say about losing everything, about losing the unhealthy attachment to things." I love you!

    ReplyDelete