Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beautiful Saturday

So I finally was able to access my blogger account! That is not why I think that today is a beautiful Saturday, however, it adds to making the day a little sweeter. Like adding a extra spoon of sugar to your tea!

I cleaned out the garage today some more and hung up party lights for my nieces. We set up a table with chairs and brought out all the board games to the garage. I have been thinking a lot of when the scripture says that we are to be like one of these. Children I mean. I was always taught that it was because they were so innocent, that they accepted God so easily.

Their not so innocent.

Children are just a susceptible to the passions of adults. I watched as my two nieces went through emotions like anger, jealousy, loneliness but also being happy and laughing.

There was one thing that I noticed that separated me and them however, that maybe Jesus was talking about. If they needed a ride somewhere, I had to take them. When they were ready to eat lunch, it was Eve that made it for them. They were completely dependent on me. They had not grown to a certain age where they could do it on their own.

I think Jesus may have been saying that I need to be completely dependent on Him. It sounds simple and people might even say that it was useless writing that sentence. But here is a question. How many times do you ask God for something that is within your own power to get. We grow up. We work hard. We buy all our food from the freezer section at the grocery store and completely forget about God's bounty. God's bounty, what is that? That is the food that we eat. Yes, you did not create the cow. I did not create the chicken. These things that I think I worked for and I earned come completely from the hand of God and I find myself as a child before Him because I realize that it doesn't matter how hard I work, it is all a gift.

To become like a child maybe realizing that we still need someone to feed us and to care for us. We still need someone to put a band-aid on our cuts.
We still need someone to tell us "Everything is going to be Ok"
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose"
We still need someone to tell us that we can do this, that we are strong enough.
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"

We still need someone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! I love this so much Adam!!! I hope you keep writing here. Your words are an inspiration!!!

    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete