Sunday, June 19, 2011

A husband's thoughts

This is the verse today on Biblegateway;

“Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They're really doing themselves a favor—since they're already "one" in marriage.” Ephesians 5:25-26 MSG

I remember talking to a dear friend of mine. It was a cold night in a cab of a truck. We were both plowing/shoveling snow to make some extra money. We had a 2 liter of Mountain Dew between us so that we could stay awake and he was talking about moving. You see, him and his wife, were going to be having a baby and his wife wanted to move closer to her family which was all the way on the west coast. His family lived here, in the midwest.

He had asked me what I would do in this situation and I mentioned that if I was him, I would move. He looked surprised. I said that this woman is going to be by your side for the rest of your life. You are not just sharing a bed with her but you are sharing yourself. What you do for her, you are doing for yourself.

I remember after I was just married that my friends would say that I was "whipped". They were mad because we didn't get to hang out anymore. I didn't want to disappoint my friends but now I had this beautiful person, that just vowed her life to me, wanting to be by my side. I chose my wife! And it was the best decision I have ever made. Jason, Tim, Mike, Billy and all those other guys couldn't hold a candle to my wife. I am thankful for the brotherhood (which carries on in its own way) that God had for that time but I am most thankful for God giving me someone as wonderful and beautiful as my wife. I know that sometimes I fall short of this scripture. I also know that I am not perfect. But I do know that my marriage is a perfect marriage, not because we do nothing wrong, but because it was meant to be.

2 comments:

  1. MTB! You and me baby! MTB! I love you so much. We both know that we are not perfect, but our marriage sure is:) I love this verse of the day. Love, Love, Love it! And I think that this trip we are on is absolutely brilliant! Just like you!
    Your love,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete